Principal, Deloitte Consulting
Darren Gest is a Principal at Deloitte Consulting where he has spent the past 15+ years serving clients across the Food and Beverage, Retail, Consumer Products and Agriculture sectors. In this role, he routinely advises Boards, C-Suites and executive teams on how to solve their most complex and pressing human capital issues. Specifically, Darren helps his clients to navigate Consumer industry transformation by addressing topics spanning the future of work, capability building, digital organization design and technology adoption.
Darren’s perspectives have been featured in key industry roundtables and publications, including:
- The Food Industry Association (FMI): Consumer Food Future of Work RoundTable
- Unlocking Data to Drive Equity: Pay Equity and DE&I in Consumer Organizations
- The Leadership Challenge: How to Make Extraordinary Things Happen in Organizations (5th Edition)
- Credibility: How Leaders Gain and Lose It, Why People Demand It (2nd Edition)
- Deloitte Talent 2020: Surveying the talent paradox from the employee perspective
As a Green City Market Board Member, Darren is energized to strengthen farmer/consumer/restaurant partnerships and advance how food is sourced, accessed and understood in Chicago. Darren holds a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) from The George Washington University and a MBA from Vanderbilt University – Owen Graduate School of Management. He lives in Chicago, IL with his wife Rebecca and their two children (just a few blocks from GCM – Lincoln Park!).