Green City Market Delivered
Now that our farmers markets are reopen with social distancing guidelines in place, there's more ways than ever before to stay connected to your local, sustainable Midwest farmers and safely get your farm-fresh staples!
In addition to visiting our farmers markets in Lincoln Park and the West Loop, you can order online to get home delivery, convenient curbside pick-up, or grab-and-go pick-up at our markets.
Whichever way you order, your trusty Green City Market vendors pick, pack, and deliver your products to our aggregation space on the morning of your pick-up or delivery day. Enjoy your nutritious, farm-fresh food and tag @GreenCityMarket with your dishes on social media!
How to order: Delivery
Under the markets section in WhatsGood, select "Green City Market Delivered."
- Delivery days: Every Wednesday between 11 am and 7 pm.
- Order window: The GCM marketplace will open for orders on WhatsGood at 8 am on Fridays for delivery on the following Wednesday. Ordering is open until the Monday prior at 12pm or whenwe reach capacity for home deliveries.
- Home delivery is a flat fee of $9.99.
How to order: Curbside pick-up (Wednesdays)
Under the markets section in WhatsGood, select "Green City Market @ Lincoln Square Pickup" or "Green City Market @ Paramount Group Pickup."
- Pick-up window: Every Wednesday from 4 to 6 pm at the Green City Market Lincoln Square office (2613 W Lawrence Ave) or The Paramount Group (1750 W Lake St). You will receive an email from WhatsGood prior to your pick-up day to select a 30-minute time window between 4 and 6 pm to come pick up your order.
- Please note, if you do not pick up your order by 6:00 p.m., it will be donated.
- Starting on October 7, we will be moving one of our two curbside pick-up locations from our Lincoln Square office to our new space located at Roscoe & California. Learn more here.
- Order window: The GCM marketplace will open for orders on WhatsGood at 8 am on Fridays for curbside pick-up on the following Wednesday. Ordering is open until the Monday prior at 12pm or when we reach capacity for home deliveries.
- Pick-up is a flat fee of $5.99.
How to order: Curbside pick-up @ GCM Lincoln Park
- If you'd like to shop at Lincoln Park but aren't yet comfortable walking through the market, pre-order for curbside pick up on Saturdays at the GCM Lincoln Park farmers market.
- You'll drive, bike, or walk up to the pick-up point on Stockton Drive at Lincoln Ave (see right), show your order confirmation, and have your order brought to you.
- Under the markets section in WhatsGood, select "Green City Market @ Lincoln Park" (available every Saturday).
- Pick-up window: Every Saturday at GCM Lincoln Park from 8 am to 12 pm. You will receive an email from WhatsGood prior to your pick-up day to select a 30-minute time window between 8 a.m. and 12 p.m. to come pick up your order. Please note, if you do not pick up your order by 12:00 p.m., it will be donated.
- Order window: The GCM marketplace will open for new orders at 8 am on Tuesdays, and the pre-order window will close at 5 pm on Thursdays for pickup on Saturdays.
- Pre-ordering for curbside pick-up at GCM Lincoln Park is a flat fee of $5.99.
- Once you arrive, you will show a volunteer your order (either on your phone or on a printed order summary). Curbside pick up orders will be picked 30-60 minutes before your chosen time slot; so it is important that you arrive on time.
- You cannot purchase additional items for your curbside order unless you enter the market and pay on site.
How to order: Vendor pick-up at GCM Lincoln Park + West Loop
- To make your farmers market visit as efficient as possible, pre-order for pick-up on Saturdays right at GCM Lincoln Park or GCM West Loop. You'll walk through market and pick up each part of your order from each vendor that you pre-ordered from.
- Under the markets section in WhatsGood, select "Green City Market @ Lincoln Park" or "Green City Market @ West Loop."
- Pick-up window: At GCM Lincoln Park, pick-up takes place on Saturdays from 7 am to 12:30 pm. At GCM West Loop, pick-up takes place on Saturdays from 8 am to 12:30 pm. You will receive an email from WhatsGood prior to your pick-up day to select a 30-minute time window to come pick up your order. Please note, if you do not pick up your order by 12:30 p.m., it will be donated.
- The first hour of each market, we will be serving vulnerable populations only. Seniors, pregnant women, and those at elevated risk for Covid-19 will be allowed into the market during this time.
- Please only select a pick-up time during priority shopping hour (7-8 am at GCM Lincoln Park; 8-9 am at GCM West Loop) if you are a senior, pregnant, or at elevated risk for Covid).
- Order window: The GCM marketplace will open for new pre-orders at 8 am on Tuesdays, and the pre-order window will close at 5 pm on Thursdays for pick-up on Saturdays.
- Pre-ordering for vendor pick-up is a flat fee of $1.99.
- Patrons who pre-order will gain access to an expedited line into the market.
- Once you enter the market, you will travel to each vendor stall that you pre-ordered from. Simply let the vendor know your first and last name, and they will hand you your item(s). Market maps will be available upon entry to more easily locate each vendor stall.
- You may also purchase additional items while inside the market.
Do you deliver to me?
- The delivery radius of our Green City Market Delivered program extends to the North and West city limits and South to Roosevelt + 16th Street. As we continue to grow, we will look to extend our delivery radius to reach as many Chicagoland Green City Market shoppers as possible!
If you reside outside of this radius, we encourage you to check with our farmers at greencitymarket.org/gcmgoesvirtual to see if an individual farmer can deliver directly to you.
How will I know what time of day my delivery order will arrive?
- You may indicate your preferred delivery window in the app when you place your order. If you provide your cell phone number, you can also receive text updates from your driver alerting you of when your delivery is en route and has arrived at your home. You'll receive a text when your driver is getting close and when your delivery has arrived.
Do I have to be home at the time of the delivery?
- Nope! If you happen to be on your fifth walk around the block with the dog and not home at the time of the delivery, your driver will leave your package at the drop-off point you indicated in the app, and you'll receive a text alerting you of your delivery's arrival.
- If you know you won't be home at the time of delivery, you can leave out a cooler so your delivery driver can safely leave
How we're keeping you and your orders safe
- All deliveries will be contactless. Please respect our delivery drivers' space and stay six feet away (you can wave or say thank you from the window, though!)
- As much as we love reusable bags and containers, we will be using single-use packaging for sanitary reasons. All containers will be recyclable, and deliveries will be packaged in cardboard boxes. Unfortunately, once packed we cannot take back the cardboard boxes.
- All equipment and surfaces involved in the aggregation space and in the delivery itself will be routinely disinfected — we're talking hand trucks, tables, counters, freezers, coolers, printers, door handles, car door handles — everything will be meticulously disinfected for your safety and the safety of our team.
- All team members and delivery drivers will be wearing gloves, changed regularly throughout the day.
- Your food will be handled by a limited number of individuals — farm-fresh food touches so many fewer hands than food purchased at the grocery store, so you can feel great about re-stocking your pantry and fridge directly from our local farmers.
- There will be no cash handling under any circumstances. Orders will be pre-paid for via credit card on the app.
Any more questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!