Green City Market Delivered
Green City Market is ramping up GCM Delivered, our home delivery and curbside pick-up program, all fall and winter long to keep Chicago fed and our vibrant local food system strong!
Your trusty Green City Market vendors pick, pack, and deliver your products to our aggregation space on the morning of your pick-up or delivery day—that means your groceries travel from the farm to your home all in the same day. Enjoy your nutritious, farm-fresh food and tag @GreenCityMarket with your dishes on social media!
How to order: Delivery
Under the markets section in WhatsGood, select "Green City Market Delivered."
- Delivery days: Wednesdays and Saturdays between 11 am and 7 pm.
- Order windows:
- For Wednesday delivery: The GCM marketplace opens for orders on WhatsGood at 8 am on Fridays and closes at 11:59 pm pm on Mondays, or until we reach capacity.
- For Saturday delivery: The GCM marketplace opens for orders on WhatsGood at 8 am on Mondays and closes at 11:59 pm pm on Thursdays, or until we reach capacity.
- Home delivery is a flat fee of $9.99.
How to order: Curbside pick-up
Under the markets section in WhatsGood, select "Green City Market - Avondale Pickup @ WMS Building."
- Pick-up days: Wednesdays from 4 to 6 pm, and Saturdays from 12 to 2 pm. You will receive an email from WhatsGood prior to your pick-up day to select a 30-minute time window between 4 and 6 pm to come pick up your order. Please note, if you do not pick up your order by the end of the pick-up window., it will be donated.
- Pick-up location: 3401 N California Ave: enter the lot at Roscoe & California and follow the signs to door 7.
- Order windows:
- For Wednesday pick-up: The GCM marketplace opens for orders on WhatsGood at 8 am on Fridays and closes at 11:59 pm pm on Mondays, or until we reach capacity.
- For Saturday pick-up: The GCM marketplace opens for orders on WhatsGood at 8 am on Mondays and closes at 11:59 pm pm on Thursdays, or until we reach capacity.
- Pick-up is a flat fee of $5.99.
How will I know what time of day my delivery order will arrive?
- Deliveries are made between 11 am and 7 pm. To specify a delivery time, you may indicate your preferred delivery window in the app when you place your order.
- If you provide your cell phone number, you will also receive text updates from your driver alerting you of when your delivery is en route and when your delivery has arrived at your home.
Do I have to be home at the time of the delivery?
- Nope! If you happen to be on your fifth walk around the block with the dog and not home at the time of the delivery, your driver will leave your package at the drop-off point you indicated in the app, and you'll receive a text alerting you of your delivery's arrival.
- If you know you won't be home at the time of delivery and are receiving perishables, we recommend leaving a cooler outside your door for your delivery driver.
Can I pre-order with my Link/EBT card?
- Yes! You can pay with Link and participate in GCM's Link double value program with our curbside pick-up program. Learn more.
How we're keeping you and your orders safe
- All deliveries will be contactless. Please respect our delivery drivers' space and stay six feet away (you can wave or say thank you from the window, though!)
- As much as we love reusable bags and containers, we will be using single-use packaging for sanitary reasons. All containers will be recyclable, and deliveries will be packaged in cardboard boxes. Unfortunately, once packed we cannot take back the cardboard boxes.
- All equipment and surfaces involved in the aggregation space and in the delivery itself will be routinely disinfected — we're talking hand trucks, tables, counters, freezers, coolers, printers, door handles, car door handles — everything will be meticulously disinfected for your safety and the safety of our team.
- All team members and delivery drivers will be wearing gloves, changed regularly throughout the day.
- Your food will be handled by a limited number of individuals — farm-fresh food touches so many fewer hands than food purchased at the grocery store, so you can feel great about re-stocking your pantry and fridge directly from our local farmers.
- There will be no cash handling under any circumstances. Orders will be pre-paid for via credit card on the app.
Any more questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!