Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
Chef Lisa Kalabokis
● 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds) cut into 1-inch chunks
● 1 large onion, chopped
● 1⁄2 cup olive oil or neutral oil like grapeseed or avocado
● 1 tablespoon minced fresh hot chili, like jalapeño
● 1 clove garlic, peeled
● Juice of 2 limes
● 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
● 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
● Salt / pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put sweet potatoes and onions on a large baking sheet,
drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil, toss to coat and spread out in a single layer. Sprinkle with
salt and pepper. Roast, turning occasionally, until potatoes begin to brown on corners
and are just tender inside, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven; keep on pan until ready
to mix with dressing.
2. Combine chilis, garlic, lime juice and salt in pepper in a bowl. Whisk until well
incorporated. Set aside.
3. Add warm vegetables and cilantro to bowl with dressing and toss to combine. Taste and
adjust seasoning as desired.
4. Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate for up to 4 days.