Virtual CSA MID-MAY – MID-JUNE 2016
The “Virtual CSA” is a curated list of seasonal highlights from the market totaling approximately $30. This packet contains a shopping list with the farms where the items can be purchased and recipes that feature each product. Similar to a traditional CSA, this Virtual CSA helps you connect with the growers and shop for what is most beautiful and abundant at the market. We hope that this will provide shoppers with inspiration to buy and cook new ingredients from the market and tips about how to economically utilize the food from Green City Market throughout the week. Click here to view the packet for Mid May- Mid June 2016>>
The Virtual CSA is compiled by the GCM staff, Abra Berens (chef and Junior Board member), and Elise Bergman (Junior Board Education and Outreach Co-Chair). A new packet will be available on the third Wednesday of each month, May through October.
- True or False: Farmers relax all winter
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018
- Blue Corn Enchiladas, Smoked Potato Gnocchi and 20+ fall-inspired dishes at A (Mostly) Veggie Affair
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018
- Watch #GCMVeggieAffair Chefs live on WGN-TV & NBC 5 this week!
- Tuesday, October 30, 2018
- The Turkey Trials: Learn more about your holiday bird
- Monday, October 15, 2018
- Listen to Exec Director, Melissa Flynn on WGN Radio's Patty Vasquez Show with Andrea Darlas!
- Friday, October 12, 2018
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »