Food fights: Locavores, conventional food fans battle over benefits
Thomas Stern is an unabashed locavore, buying everything from beets and basil to lamb and legumes from nearby producers. "Things like salt and oils are a little harder to source," the 23-year-old Evanstonian said at a farmers market recently. "But I'd say that about 80 percent of my food is local." Stern, who cooks at Fraiche in Evanston, said he chooses local foods largely for taste, higher nutrient values, environmentalism and a connection with the person who grew them...Read the full story here
- True or False: Farmers relax all winter
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018
- Blue Corn Enchiladas, Smoked Potato Gnocchi and 20+ fall-inspired dishes at A (Mostly) Veggie Affair
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018
- Watch #GCMVeggieAffair Chefs live on WGN-TV & NBC 5 this week!
- Tuesday, October 30, 2018
- The Turkey Trials: Learn more about your holiday bird
- Monday, October 15, 2018
- Listen to Exec Director, Melissa Flynn on WGN Radio's Patty Vasquez Show with Andrea Darlas!
- Friday, October 12, 2018
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »