Food fights: Locavores, conventional food fans battle over benefits
Thomas Stern is an unabashed locavore, buying everything from beets and basil to lamb and legumes from nearby producers. "Things like salt and oils are a little harder to source," the 23-year-old Evanstonian said at a farmers market recently. "But I'd say that about 80 percent of my food is local." Stern, who cooks at Fraiche in Evanston, said he chooses local foods largely for taste, higher nutrient values, environmentalism and a connection with the person who grew them...Read the full story here
- The official 2018 Chef BBQ lineup is here!
- Friday, May 18, 2018
- The Farm is Coming To The City! Green City Markets Opening Days Announced!
- Monday, March 26, 2018
- Urban Farmer Round-up
- Tuesday, March 13, 2018
- Meet the Women of Green City Market
- Thursday, March 8, 2018
- Come to the Table Dinner: Heal Wrap Up
- Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »