Green City Market Sprouts 'Seed to Table' Kids Party
We encourage kids and families to join us for a day of gardening, composting, cooking, touring and tasting at Green City Market! All activities are open to the public – no RSVP required!
The following activities are ongoing from 8:30am – 10:00am:
Garden with Jeanne Pinsof Nolan, The Organic Gardener! Jeanne will lead kids in a take-away peat pot gardening activity.
Meet the worms and learn about vermi-composting with Stephanie Davies and Amber Gribben of Urban Worm Girl!
Heirloom Seed Table and heirloom seed packet giveaway with Sara Gasbarra, Green City Market Sprouts Program Chair.
Taste delicious Market products at our Seasonal Tasting Table with a special "treat" from Heritage Prairie Farm and Market.
Join us for our Sprouts COOK Activity: 'Jammin' with Ellis Farms
Rene Gelder of Ellis Farms teaches kids how to make jam from their delicious, beautiful fruit.
Savor the Seasons: Strawberry Fest
We'll feature different varieties of strawberries with tastings prepared by Tony Galzin from MK and Mike Ryan from Sable.
Guided Tour of The Edible Gardens with Jeanne Pinsof Nolan (will leave immediately following the COOK Demo).
This Saturday's chef demonstration is with Marc Bernard of Big Bowl.
Join us for our Sprouts COOK Demo: Gale Gand and her daughters will create a delicious local, seasonal dessert easy enough for families and kids to recreate at home!
- True or False: Farmers relax all winter
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018
- Blue Corn Enchiladas, Smoked Potato Gnocchi and 20+ fall-inspired dishes at A (Mostly) Veggie Affair
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018
- Watch #GCMVeggieAffair Chefs live on WGN-TV & NBC 5 this week!
- Tuesday, October 30, 2018
- The Turkey Trials: Learn more about your holiday bird
- Monday, October 15, 2018
- Listen to Exec Director, Melissa Flynn on WGN Radio's Patty Vasquez Show with Andrea Darlas!
- Friday, October 12, 2018
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »