Announcing our new monthly Edible Gardens workshops
Join Green City Market’s Edible Gardens project manager, Jeanne Pinsof Nolan, as she takes you step-by-step through the growing season with our monthly series of hands-on gardening workshops. All workshops will take place one Saturday per month at The Edible Gardens, our 5000 sq. ft organic vegetable garden, located in Lincoln Park Zoo’s Farm-in-the-Zoo from April through November. We’ll explore topics including soil preparation, direct seeding and transplanting, staking and pruning, seed saving, composting and growing food locally in Chicago. You’ll also have the opportunity to tour the Gardens and participate in some real time, hands-on gardening! These workshops are by RSVP only and information on how to RSVP will be sent out once a month in the Green City Market newsletter. Each workshop will be about 45 minutes long and we ask that you dress to garden; water-proof shoes and gardening gloves are encouraged! We’re excited to cultivate a new crop of urban gardeners for the upcoming 2010 growing season!
Spring Start: Soil Preparation and Planting Cool Weather Crops
Summer’s Arrival: Transplanting Warm Weather Crops
Necessary Nourishment: Feeding Your Plants for Healthy Growth and Production
Expand Your Growing Season: Planting Fall Crops
Keeping A Tidy Garden: Staking, Pruning and Harvesting
Growing Locally: Tips for Gardening in Chicago
Seed Saving 101: A Beginner’s Guide to Saving For Next Season
Time To Hit the Hay: Putting Your Garden to Bed for the Winter
- True or False: Farmers relax all winter
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018
- Blue Corn Enchiladas, Smoked Potato Gnocchi and 20+ fall-inspired dishes at A (Mostly) Veggie Affair
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018
- Watch #GCMVeggieAffair Chefs live on WGN-TV & NBC 5 this week!
- Tuesday, October 30, 2018
- The Turkey Trials: Learn more about your holiday bird
- Monday, October 15, 2018
- Listen to Exec Director, Melissa Flynn on WGN Radio's Patty Vasquez Show with Andrea Darlas!
- Friday, October 12, 2018
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »