Green City Market awarded two grants.
We are thrilled to announce that on October 16, the Illinois Department of Agriculture announced that Green City Market has been awarded two grants amounting to $25,000. GCM is one of 28 Illinois funded projects and the only organization to receive multiple grants. Dollars from these grants will go toward promoting the Illinois Specialty Crop Industry through the Know Your Food . . . Know Your Farmer brochure (this is a matching grant resulting from the recent USDA award); creating marketing materials to educate Chicagoans about the Heritage and Heirloom Project, Club Sprouts and Locavore Challenge; funding the GCM weekly newsletter; and assisting with the development of farmer-chef online communications.
To read the press release, click here: http://www.illinois.gov/PressReleases/ShowPressRelease.cfm?SubjectID=2&RecNum=7932.
- True or False: Farmers relax all winter
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018
- Blue Corn Enchiladas, Smoked Potato Gnocchi and 20+ fall-inspired dishes at A (Mostly) Veggie Affair
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018
- Watch #GCMVeggieAffair Chefs live on WGN-TV & NBC 5 this week!
- Tuesday, October 30, 2018
- The Turkey Trials: Learn more about your holiday bird
- Monday, October 15, 2018
- Listen to Exec Director, Melissa Flynn on WGN Radio's Patty Vasquez Show with Andrea Darlas!
- Friday, October 12, 2018
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »