Green City Market awarded two grants.
We are thrilled to announce that on October 16, the Illinois Department of Agriculture announced that Green City Market has been awarded two grants amounting to $25,000. GCM is one of 28 Illinois funded projects and the only organization to receive multiple grants. Dollars from these grants will go toward promoting the Illinois Specialty Crop Industry through the Know Your Food . . . Know Your Farmer brochure (this is a matching grant resulting from the recent USDA award); creating marketing materials to educate Chicagoans about the Heritage and Heirloom Project, Club Sprouts and Locavore Challenge; funding the GCM weekly newsletter; and assisting with the development of farmer-chef online communications.
To read the press release, click here: http://www.illinois.gov/PressReleases/ShowPressRelease.cfm?SubjectID=2&RecNum=7932.
- Volunteer Spotlight: Toria Emas
- Friday, September 14, 2018
- The Impact of Club Sprouts as told by our Volunteer, Judy Myers
- Tuesday, August 21, 2018
- GCM Lincoln Park Hours & Vendor Update for Air and Water Show on August 18th, 2018
- Wednesday, August 15, 2018
- Vendor Spotlight: Joe's Blueberries
- Tuesday, August 14, 2018
- Vendor Spotlight: Petals Farm
- Monday, August 6, 2018
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »