Edible Education Update: Starting the Garden at Manierre School
Last week, we had the pleasure of planting a garden at Manierre Elementary. Students were given a number of plant options to choose from. We then took a vote and planted the top six plants, as chosen by the 7th grade class. This exercise proved to empower our students, encouraging them to take ownership of the space before their hands even touched soil. Once we got outside, however, that ownership soared to new levels!
- 2018 Holiday Gift Guide
- Wednesday, December 5, 2018
- True or False: Farmers relax all winter
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018
- Blue Corn Enchiladas, Smoked Potato Gnocchi and 20+ fall-inspired dishes at A (Mostly) Veggie Affair
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018
- Watch #GCMVeggieAffair Chefs live on WGN-TV & NBC 5 this week!
- Tuesday, October 30, 2018
- The Turkey Trials: Learn more about your holiday bird
- Monday, October 15, 2018
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »