Edible Education Update: Starting the Garden at Manierre School
Last week, we had the pleasure of planting a garden at Manierre Elementary. Students were given a number of plant options to choose from. We then took a vote and planted the top six plants, as chosen by the 7th grade class. This exercise proved to empower our students, encouraging them to take ownership of the space before their hands even touched soil. Once we got outside, however, that ownership soared to new levels!
- The Turkey Trials: Learn more about your holiday bird
- Monday, October 15, 2018
- Listen to Exec Director, Melissa Flynn on WGN Radio's Patty Vasquez Show with Andrea Darlas!
- Friday, October 12, 2018
- Grains of Knowledge with Brian Severson Farms
- Tuesday, October 9, 2018
- Green City Market app featured on NBC 5 Chicago's Tech Trends
- Monday, September 24, 2018
- Volunteer Spotlight: Toria Emas
- Friday, September 14, 2018
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »